Thursday, June 27, 2013

03 - David Cheng, M.D.


On June 8th, 2013, I interviewed David Cheng about his upcoming residency.  I was interested in discussing the medical field with him because it is a topic on which my knowledge sorely lacks.  Talking with him was eye opening and his opinions on doctor patient relationship and the state of health insurance in the country are especially poignant.

David and I were really close in Junior High School after alphabetical order of our last names forced us to sit next to one another in almost every class in 8th grade, but we haven't seen or really spoken to one another for the past 13 years.  Facebook kept us on the periphery of one another's lives, but it was wonderful to be able to sit down and talk about the significant projects in our lives over the past decade - he with medicine, I with theatre.

Talking with David made me realize how time often intensifies the good qualities we have as long as we continue to harvest them.  He is a caring soul and one that medical field must be proud to have.  I know that speaking with him gave me a sense of hope and fulfillment - I hope you experience it, too.








David Cheng is a recent NYU School of Medicine graduate and will be continuing his internal medicine residency at NYU.  His professional interests include primary care, working with the underserved and teaching medical students. In recognizing how precious life is, David aims to help his patients make the most of out of theirs. Although medicine remains his passion, David devotes his free time to handball, biking, food, music, and hanging out with family/friends. “Live. Laugh. Smile.” :)

No comments:

Post a Comment