Tuesday, July 23, 2013

04 - ROCKS!



On July 11th, 2013, I interviewed ROCKS! about her journey to being a roller derby player.

I fell in love with the sport of roller derby back in March and have been hooked ever since.  It's a sport that's fast, fun and rough, dominated by some of the toughest women.  I met ROCKS! when she drove me to my first game - The Long Island Rebels against her team, the Garden State Roller Girls.  

ROCKS! has the ability to light up a room with her spirit. Her can-do attitude is infectious and her generosity towards her teammates and the sport itself is inspiring.  She's also extraordinarily hilarious.  It was great getting to know her and getting to go deeper into the sport I love so much - and getting to share her story with you.




No comments:

Post a Comment